Saturday, February 23, 2019

College Is A Waste of Time and Money Essay

Maybe its my age or my personality, but I really rich personnt make loveed umpteen of the stories that we rich person had to read. To me, there is an essential amount of negativity in them, especially in the titles. I pretend it would have been more interesting and relevant to read a ongoing article on this subject, and not something written in 1975. While the fundamentals are gloss over in play, there have been a take of changes over the age. The most notable difference would be the demographics that make up todays student body. As an older, non-traditional student, I foundert consider it a waste of time or money, and I dont think many others feel that way. at that place are so many concourse who would love to go to college, but are unable(p) to for some reason. Although, Im not familiar with how young people look at college today, I think a significant tot up likely look forward to the opportunity. I do obligate with many of Ms. Birds findings. I dont believe anyon e should be forced to go to college. It should be entirely up to each individual. We still see many parents pushing their kids to continue their education, and often for good reason, but if the child doesnt want to go, it should be their decision. At the age of 18, many are likewise young and confused, and dont know what they want to do with their life.Its also nice to have a break after 13 years of school. We will always have kids who will rebel, just for the rice beer of rebelling. I think a main cause of this for many students is in addition much pressure. They have all these standards to live up to, whether it comes from their parents, their siblings, other family members, or society. Some may take that rebellious attitude because they have tussle learning, and they dont want anyone to know. They would prefer to look like a rebel than to look like a retard. I also agree with the lack of quality teachers, and being required to take many classes that have nothing at all to do w ith your major. A couple of years ago, I had an in-class accounting teacher who just read to us from the book. Im thinking Im coming here and gainful for someone to read to me, I can read all by myself, I am looking for someone to teach me. My main focalize is getting a degree, but I also truly enjoy learning. I definitely agree with her on college being too expensive. I think she would be shocked to see todays prices, and I would be very interested to know what textbooks and tuition cost in her day.The kids backthen had some fear of campus violence. But horrors, like the Kent claim shooting, were not the norm. Today, we are always seeing campus shootings. Although these seem to have force a way of life and can happen anywhere, its still quite scary for the students and may actually have the opposite heart of parents wanting to send their kids off to college. It also seems that hazing has gotten out of control on our campuses. Unfortunately, there is just such an overwhelming h atefulness in our world. There is another factor that may play into a lack of trust to go on to college. They can look at the many advantage stories of people who didnt go to college, some who never even realized high school. These folks used hard work to become millionaires and billionaires. I think some people are more successful because of their magnetized personalities, which has nothing to do with their ability or their intelligence. The article I have included with my essay both contradicts and agrees with Ms. Birds perceptions. The traditional white male students essential feel that college is a waste of time and money, but they are in the minority.

No comments:

Post a Comment